Welcome to LWIL +168, the channel that gives you what should have been on regular LWIL precisely a week ago. Or something. It’s 4am, so I’m struggling to work that into an actual joke. Either way, we actually managed to get an extra recording session together and threw together our episode on Jeff Wayne’s Musical Version of the War of the Worlds, and the hip-hop Edo samurai anime Samurai Champloo. There’s also a bit about Excel Saga or something thrown in because we got kind of off-topic. So same old, same old then.
- I checked, and no I have never heard Nightmare by Brainbug before.
- The Fantastic Four were created in 1961 not 1966. I get my moon landings and my cosmic ray events mixed up.
- Samurai Champloo is definitely Seinen, and the manga is based on it is Shonen. We also never mention Josei, which is aimed at adult women.
- The Writers Guild of America strike took place between 2007 and 2008.
- Various noises that can be heard in the background of this episode include; snoring dogs, cutlery, scratching dogs, moving dogs, running water, birdsong and dogs. Can you spot them all? And more to the point, why would you want to?
- That dratted Team Red has taken over my gyms again.
Our theme music is by Abru aka colonthree, used with permission: https://soundcloud.com/colonthree